A Little Flea Went Walking
Social Development means being able to make friends and get along with others, work as part of a team and be a leader. These skills are all built on self-confidence, cooperation and trust.
Your baby will engage in a playful activity with you or another person.
- Place baby in a comfortable position where they are facing you.
- You are now ready to begin this activity using the words and actions below!
Words and Actions:
A little flea went walking
To see what he could see
And all that he could see
Was baby’s little tummy!
(Walk two fingers along baby’s body starting with a foot, or a hand or the head. On the last line, stop on your baby’s tummy or another body part. Name that body part and give it a tickle!)
- Take the time to share rhymes and tickles with your baby
- Feel valued and see that you enjoy their company
- Pause for a few seconds before giving your baby a tickle
- Feel surprised every time you say the rhyme!
- As you tickle, name the body parts you are tickling
- Develop language skills and make discoveries about themselves
Everyday Moments: Play Time