Baby Feast Food Experience
Domain Association: Social
You will need:
- Fruit for puree
- A head of time prepare a fruit puree (i.e. apple or other in-season fruit)
- Encourage your baby to touch the food and use their hands to eat.
- Share in tasting and say “yummy that is apple and blueberry… smells nice”.
- If you make meal time a special experience with your baby
- Your baby will develop a feeling that meal time is a nice family or group experience
- If you place food so your baby can touch, and smell
- Your baby will build love for experiencing food
- If you talk about the food (i.e colours smell, and taste) •
- Your baby will develop language for food
Activity Category: In the Kitchen
Everyday Moments: Meal Time