Gross Motor Development allows a child to gain balance and bring large muscles under control in order to master physical activities such as sitting, crawling, walking, running, climbing, jumping and generally enjoy all that their body allows them to do.
Your baby will feel motivated to move their arms and hands in creative ways.
- Place baby in a comfortable position where they are facing you.
- You are now ready to begin this activity using the words and actions below!
Words and Actions:
- Engage your baby in simple songs and rhymes
- Feel that you enjoy spending quality time with them.
- Use your voice in interesting ways when singing the song (i.e. using high and low voices)
- Feel motivated to engage in the activity
- Use different actions with your hands and body (i.e. hands up and down)
- Learn new positions, like up and down, in and out, and allow them to explore these using their body