Toddler Colour Day Game
Domain Association: Social
You will need:
- Clothes with lots of colours
- A colour wheel (a circle with different coloured sections that shows how colours change) with a spinner in the middle or a cube with different colours on each side so you can roll it
- Ahead of time make a colour wheel (a circle with different coloured sections that shows how colours change) or a cube with a different colour on each side.
- At change time have a game to see what colour on the colour wheel the spinner will land on or roll the cube to see what colour is on the top
- You and your toddler will wear as many clothes of the colour is landed on, for example start by saying to your toddler that it is time to change their clothes, “Let’s spin and see what colour we are going to wear today, oh it landed on yellow, now let’s find as many yellow clothes that we can wear!”
- Allow your toddler to dress themselves. Feel free to comment on their actions. For example, you might say, “Wow, you put your red shirt on all by yourself”.
- Let your toddler experiment and dress themselves while you follow.
- If you create a game showing your toddler features of clothes when they change
- Your toddler will develop an awareness of how clothes are the same and different
- If you visit a clothing store with your toddler
- Your toddler will practice making choices and see may colours and fabrics
- If yo make changing clothes a fun creating a game
- You toddler will develop dressing skills independently
Activity Category: Play Time
Everyday Moments: Morning Routines