Tommy Thumb, Tommy Thumb, Where Are You?
Social: Social Development means being able to make friends and get along with others, work as part of a team and be a leader. These skills are all built on self-confidence, cooperation and trust.
Your baby is enjoying interacting with others when being sung to.
- Place baby in a comfortable position where they are facing you.
- You are now ready to begin this activity using the words and actions below!
Words and Actions:
(Baby’s name), (baby’s name) (stand in front of baby)
Where are you?(cover your eyes with your hands)
There you are, there you are!(uncover your eyes, point and smile)
How do you do?(give a gentle tickle if baby is comfortable with that, or wave)
- Sing a greeting song
- Feel like a welcome member of the family
- Sing with your baby
- Enjoy being included in the song in a playful way
- Use songs like Peek-a-boo
- Begin to understand that things have not disappeared, even if they can't completely see it